ENoP – CIEPEG conference on:
2019 European Parliament Election and the future of Europe. The importance of participation.
Date: 22nd October 2018, 19h00-21h00, Paphos, Cyprus
Venue: main Amphitheater of the Neapolis University Paphos
In view of the 2019 European Parliament elections, the discussion about the Future of Europe is becoming more topical and higher to the public debate and agenda.
In one of the largest democratic events in the world, over 413 million European citizens will have the opportunity to influence the future direction of the EU, while the European project faces important challenges.
Citizens’ participation is considered a key factor of political equality in the EU and can prove impetus for Europe, in shaping the political priorities for the next 5 years and providing a more inclusive and positive future.
In this framework the European Network of Political Foundations (ENoP) and the Centre of International & European Political Economy & Governance (University of Peloponnese) are organizing in cooperation with the Neapolis University Paphos a public event on: 2019 European Parliament Election and the future of Europe. The debate will bring together academics, politicians and civil society representatives.
· Prof. Pantelis Sklias, Rector of the Neapolis University Paphos
· Ambassador Marios Ieronimides, Alternate Director General of the Cyprus Ministry of Foreign Affairs
· Doris Pack, ENoP Board member, President of EPP Women and former MEP
· Antonis Klapsis, Assistant Professor at the Neapolis University Paphos
· Christos Iakovou, Director of the Cyprus Research Centre
· George Maris, Lecturer at the Neapolis University Paphos
· Panagiotis Kakolyris, Senior Researcher at the CIEPEG, Chair of the ENOP WG “Future of Europe”